Laila Twigg-Smith Art Scholarship 2019 Laila Twigg-Smith (12/12/44 – 3/24/98) was a well-known art collector; patron of artists and museums; art world personality; artist and visionary.
Description This scholarship was established by the Laila Twigg-Smith Art Fund (LAF) Advisory Committee of the Hawai‘i Community Foundation (HCF) to support Hawai‘i-based artists in study that furthers their artistic development and offers them exposure to new ideas, influences and opportunities.
The program provides scholarships for visual artists to attend the 2019 summer program at:
• Penland School of Crafts, Penland, North Carolina The scholarship - up to a maximum of $2,250 per individual - is intended to be used for tuition and fees; housing and meals during the program; and travel. A maximum of two (2) scholarships will be awarded for 2019.
Eligibility Requirements Eligible scholarship applicants must:
• Be a legal resident of the State of Hawai‘i.
• Be a practicing artist, graduate or undergraduate art student.
• Be accepted by the school for admission to its visual arts program. Preference will be given to scholarship applicants with financial need. Additional supplementary materials may be required by each school as part of the application process.
• Scholarship seekers must apply directly to Penland School of Crafts. Applications will not be accepted at the Hawai‘i Community Foundation. The scholarship contact is listed below:
o Penland School of Crafts – Yolanda Sommer
email@example.com; 828.765.2359 ext. 1207 See session schedules and descriptions at https://penland.org/ Deadline: February 18, 2019
• Penland School of Crafts will select the recipients and notify HCF of the awards. Neither HCF staff nor the LAF Advisory Committee will be involved in the selection process.
• The school will handle all payments and reimbursements to the scholarship recipients.
• Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a final report to HCF after completion of the program.
For more information about the Laila Twigg-Smith Art Scholarship please contact Elise von Dohlen at (808)566-5585, toll free (888)731-3863, or firstname.lastname@example.org.